Een event item
Ontmoet elkaar, leer meer over duurzaam ondernemen en vergroot je scope. Een event item op de community is een korte omschrijving van de bijeenkomst.
The circular nutrient economy in practice
10 oktober 2018, 09:30 - 17:00. Wageningen
10 oktober 2018 09:30 - 17:00
A new generation of chemical fertilizers manufactured from waste streams rapidly makes its way into Dutch agriculture, thus enabling our farmers to add high sustainability to their enviably high productivity in a fast and most effective way. Come and learn about economics, precision agro technological, biological, ecological and legal aspects.
Morning program (in English)
- 10.00 – 10.20 Welcome by Dr. Martin Scholten, General Director Animal Science Group
- From linear towards circular food production, a new challenge for WUR as well
- 10.20 – 10.40 Opening address by Dr. Tjeerd de Groot, Member of Parliament for Democrates 66
- The urgency of transition to circular farming in the Netherlands
- 10.40 – 11.00 The Dutch Farming concept Ir. Ruud Tijssens, Director Public & Cooperative Affairs Agrifirm Group
- Work in progress on circular farming
- 11.00 – 11.20 Towards circular farming in the Netherlands in 10 steps Network Smart Fertilization
- 11.20 – 12.00 PANEL DISCUSSION and CONCLUSIONS
- 12.00 – 14.00 LUNCH BUFFET with Low Footprint Food € 10,00 p.p.
- Poster presentations with success stories on nutrient recycling, such as the Achterhoek Region Fertilizer Free Project, Physiostart P-plus and EcoService Europe
- 14.00 – 14.30 Opening address: Circularity in tropical agriculture
- Prof.Dr. Ken Giller, Plant Production Systems (WUR)
- 14.30 – 15.00 Projects on circularity discussed, cases, Kenia & Tanzania
- 15.30 PANELDISCUSSION
- Dr. Tom Schut, Plant Production Systems (WUR)
- 15.00 – 15.30 Resource use efficiency in Circular Agriculture, C.T. de Wit revisited
- Dr. Rudy Rabbinge
- 16:00 DRINKS
You can get a ticket on our website.
* Please note that there is only room for 100 participants, so register quickly!
* The lunch is not included. Lunch can be purchased at the restaurants on the Wageningen Campus.
Organized by Network Smart Fertilization in cooperation with the three Study Associations: Actief Slip, Mercurius en Heeren XII, WUR, and Nutrient Platform.